Infographics – How we read today
Infographics are hot, hot, hot. It is easy to find the important information, there are not a lot of words to read, and the pictures are pretty.
Today’s blog is inspired by Kendra Lee’s of the KLA Group Weekly Sales Tip: “Create a one-page infographic. Reps, techs, and consultants need something eye-catching and informative that they can share with customers. Infographics are a comprehensive, well-designed visual that reinforces confidence and pride in working with you.”
With the infographic trend, hundreds are being created, launched, and promoted online every day. They have the opportunity to be viral (as viral as a business infographic can be!) or lost in all the internet noise. As compared to other content shared on social media infographics get more shares, drive more traffic, and create awareness for you and your brand.
On the infographics I’ve seen, I have come up with my list of what to do and don’t do when creating an infographic.
- Colors and design: Need to be pleasing to the eye. Don’t use a lot of different colors or bright colors that are eye-blinding.
- Text: Keep it simple and short. The entire goal behind the infographic is to get your point across at a glance.
- Important Point: The most important point you want to get across goes at the top.
- Flow: The information shared throughout the infographic should flow and be interesting from top to bottom. Keep people reading.
- Cite Sources: Always, always! Don’t be one of ‘those’ people.
- Logo: Don’t forget your logo!
- Make it Sharable: That is the whole point – create it so it can be shared
- Promote It: As with any content piece you do, promote it – social media, web site, at events. Use it across your marketing activities to get the most impact for the dollar spent.
Go out and create your infographic! Need help – just let me know!
|About the author: Kim McMahon has done sales and marketing for more years than she cares to count. She writes frequently on marketing, life, the world and how they sometimes all come together.|